11.29.2014

Tagaytay: Mahogany Market, Gourmet Farm

Tagaytay trip again! This time M and I went to Mahogany Market :)

I didn't notice their tarp while choosing where to order.
We only realized when we were seated, lucky for us to be able to try the "best".



Our order arrived immediately, Bulalo which is good for 2-3 persons.
The lady attendant helped us served the bulalo into to two bowls.
Our total order of bulalo + 3 rice costs P395


While waiting, I prepared our patis+calamansi sauce



Lots of Pechay! 



This is the first time I tried bulalo in Tagaytay so I can't say if this is the 'best'.
For me, Nilagang Baka is similar to Bulalo in the way it is cook so I prefer a very, very soft meat and a very flavorful soup.
Alegre's version has a flavorful soup and a bit chewy meat or maybe it is because the meat has a lot of litid.
I thought we will not be able to finish that huge serving but the patis+calamansi sauce will 
made you eat a lot of rice, sip the soup and just enjoy everything.

Alegre's staff were also very attentive to ask our needs and refill our bowls, how was that for a carinderia service ;p


Then palengke time :)


We bought: Tuyo and baby tawilis (3 for P100) ,
a pack of lettuce for only P30!


and Pinyapples. The jolly manong gave us a 3 for P100 deal from his usual price of P45 each ;p 


and I bought a pot of sweet basil for P30 :)






I thought we can spot some coffee vendors in mahogany market but I can't find any so before going home, we stopped at Gourmet Farm for a cup of coffee.


We also went home with 2 packs of Manila Blend coffee and lettuce chips :)


We took the Silang road to exit at Carmona (first timers). :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...